Instigator is a portable launcher application written in WPF. It filters short cuts you create to enable quick and easy access to your commonly used applications, files, folders and URL's.
Similar to other launcher applications, but differs in the fact that it only pulls short-cuts to applications you define. Little more focused then Windows 7 or Enso which seem to pull a great deal of your hard drive into your launch list.Configuring Instigator
- Build the application
- Copy the contents of the bin file (Sysknowlogy.Instigator.exe, Sysknowlogy.Instigator.exe.config) to where you would like to run the application.
- Edit the config file so Instigator knows where to find your short-cuts. Remove any DiscoveryPaths that you do not want Instigator to load.
- Start the executable, after the splash screen disappears the application is loaded.
- Use Ctl-Win to bring up the search window. Right now this is not configurable, it will be in later releases.
- This should bring up the application with the list of short-cuts that you defined in your discovery paths.
- Begin typing to limit the list of items to launch. The search uses a contains to filter… as you type it will eliminate your options.
- Once the items fore color you are looking for is highlighted, hit enter.
Reporting errors / problems
- Focus set to the filter textbox sometimes doesn't get set... especially after trying to launch a short-cut that no longer exists. To fix it, you will need to click in the filtering textbox with your mouse.
While in the launch filter textbox, type in “report” which will result in a “report a problem or bug” in the drop down. Select that item and hit enter. This will launch the default mail client and allow you to mail me a bug.